Inspired by Sarah Kay - watch her TED talk or other videos of her spoken word poetry.
10 things I should have learned by now:
1. It's not always my fault.
2. Learning anything worthwhile will involve failure.
3. My friends still care about me - might even laugh - when I'm grumpy.
4. Wisdom can come from unexpected sources.
5. When I think I'm on top of it, my feelings can leap up and surprise me.
6. It always gets better.
7. It might get worse first.
8. I'm not perfect but I am ok.
9. Older is a number - wisdom, gracefully, bucket list and incapacity are incidental.
10. Love is always an option.